In this difficult year, when the activity of each company is impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Polenergia Group has made every effort to maintain relationships and rituals to create a good atmosphere at work. Regular teleconference meetings were arranged with the Management Board and it was emphasized that there was a need of remote contacts and maintaining ties among employees. The Group participates in the “Czułość.Wolność” [Tenderness.Freedom] project performed by the Kulczyk Foundation, which has helped, since when the pandemic started, understand yourselves and your emotions, and supported in finding a balance between private and professional life.
Already before the outbreak of the pandemic, efforts were made to ensure that each employee feels a full-fledged and integral part of the company; as a result, it was easier to keep employees motivated and involved in teamwork. The company counts on mutual trust and freedom in work management, which was visible in its operation and adjustment to remote work in 2020.
To manage the team more effectively, surveys are performed as frequently as possible, to remain continuously in touch with the employees. Also, in the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2021, there was a survey among all the Group’s employees. The survey aimed to verify to what extent we are able to create jointly a friendly workplace and whether the company’s support in the investigated areas is sufficient. Results of the survey will certainly help plan actions in this year and in next years.
The survey included questions in the following areas:
- Balancing private and professional life
- Company values
- Diversity & Inclusion
- External and internal communication
- Education of Employees
- Team Integration Activities for next year
- Overall job satisfaction
In accordance with analyzed areas:
- An overwhelming majority of employees are satisfied with working at the Polenergia Group. The high satisfaction level is accounted for primarily by very good relationships in teams of employees and a job corresponding with individual interests.
- The high level of work satisfaction in the Polenergia Group is built through, among others, very good relationships between employees, mutual support and assistance.
- The most important values of the Polenergia Group which are perceived by employees in activities, decisions, choices of supervisors and associates include: mutual respect, supporting each other and equal treatment, as well as supporting sustainable growth and protecting the natural environment.
- Mutual respect is at the same time the number one priority identified in the hierarchy of the company’s values. The second highest priority was assigned by employees to integrity and highly ethical business behavior.